Monday 21 April 2014

Sail Cover in Production

Nearly at our launch date so I'm having a break from woodwork and doing some sewing!
I made a sail cover last year by making a very simple 'boom tent' design that protected the cockpit as well as the sails.  That worked well, but we decided that a separate cockpit cover and sail cover would be better.

Having been inspired by the 'Sewing Bee' programme on the TV I have now set about altering the boom tent into the cover for the cockpit.  I've also started work on the sail cover with the fabric I had left over from our original purchase last year (we bought enough to do a sail cover too if we needed it).

Mum taught me to sew on an old Singer treadle sewing machine as soon as I could reach the treadle and I've kept it ever since; it still comes out on occasion for jobs like this!

I'll post progress as I go on a new Page .....

No comments:

Post a Comment